We act for clients purchasing plots of land, farms, estates, villas and apartments in Spain.
- Check that title is registered in the vendor’s name free of any mortgages or charges
- Advise on the taxes and expenses payable in addition to the purchase price
- Ensure that the property is purchased free of any liability a non-resident vendor may have for Spanish gains tax by deducting the statutory withholding tax and paying this over to the Spanish Revenue
- Advise you on the potential liability to Spanish gains and inheritance tax in the event of sale or death
- Alert you to any onerous contractual terms and negotiate on your behalf
- Explain the effect of Spanish forced heirship rules and advise on how to tailor your purchase to meet them
- Provide you with a full report in plain English before you commit yourself
- Complete the purchase before the Notary Public in Spain and register your title at the Land Registry without your having to waste time and money travelling to Spain
- Prepare Spanish Wills which dovetail with your English Wills.
If you are buying a property in the course of construction, we can require the developers to provide adequate safeguards covering the refund of advance payments in the case of their insolvency.
Often we will complete a Spanish property purchase rather more quickly than it would take you to buy a house in England.